Title: C-Project Manager
Client Location: Madison, WI (Candidates local to Madison, WI and WI are preferred). Remote is an option as well for the right candidate.
Duration: 6 months (right now for the first WO)
Visa Requirements: Open. The candidate must authorized to work in the US. Candidate must live in the continental US.
Technical Skills: PMP Certified, NOT PM’s that have managed networking\hardware projects… Client facing PM experience…. (not internal PMO PM exp). Medicaid\HealthCare project management experience is preferred.
This role will be responsible for all aspects of project management: the direction, planning and budgeting, coordination, implementation, execution, and completion of specific projects while ensuring consistency with SAS’ overall strategy, commitments, and goals.
- Assumes fiscal responsibility for the portions of the projects managed, including managing budget, expense management, timely invoicing, receivables tracking and monitoring /managing subcontractor expenses as applicable.
- Identifies, documents, and escalates any project issues and potential dependencies to the project team to the appropriate management team.
- Manages assigned projects against key business targets and time-to-value key performance indicators to help ensure high quality and high customer satisfaction.
- Prepares sample or high-level project plans to satisfy customer requirements to close deals, identify potential implementation options and provide recommendations on implementation approaches.
- Participates and leads in project review sessions with stakeholders, customers, and senior management.
- Completes risk assessment documents for projects, meeting articulated criteria (sizeable financial concerns, heavy use of subcontractors, implementation of new solutions, etc.).
- May support Senior Project Managers or Program Managers on large projects and may independently manage small to medium scale projects.
- Manages internal or external customer expectations fully and acts as customer liaison.
- Manages implementation projects throughout the project life cycle.
- Monitors performance and recommends schedule changes, cost adjustments and resource additions.
- Identifies and matches skills of project team members with the implementation requirements and tasks, including subcontractors if required, and verifies that team members know and understand their assignments.
- Ensures quality assurance and test plans are developed for the project.
- Maintains an accurate project plan, adheres to deadlines and communicates weekly project status reports, issues, alerts, signoffs and closure to the team, management and the customer.
- Forecasts revenue and resource requirements for the duration of the project.
- Follows established change management procedures should project plans or schedules be adjusted.
- Ensures project designs and specifications provide a reliable blueprint for implementation.
- Resolves any conflict between the project and other organizational units in a satisfactory manner, including engaging management as necessary.
- Communicates project goals to those outside the project and engages management or leadership in other units as needed to ensure customer success.
- Completes engagement/project summary, project closeout procedures and skills inventory updates, when applicable, at end of project.
- Assures overall customer satisfaction through project health checks, surveys and Delivery Excellence agreements according the governing Project Management Methodology.
- Leverages methodologies, enablers and best practices to accelerate project delivery.
- Oversees knowledge management activities of the delivery team using knowledge server or comparable tool.
- Builds relationships with clients that characterize partnership, cooperation and trust.
- Provides leadership and drives customer success while overcoming barriers and satisfying staff, management, and stakeholder commitments.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
KNOWLEGDE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Project Management Professional, known as PMP, certification is required.
- Medicaid\HealthCare project management experience is preferred.
- MS Project experience is preferred.
- State and Local Government experience.
- Jira or the like.
- Experience with Project documentation (Charters, RACI, Design docs, etc).
- Excellent facilitation skills, including meeting content/agenda and proactive/creative management of issues.
- Very good domain and industry expertise as well as an understanding of SAS internal processes and organization.
- Very good problem-solving, organizational, written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and with a team.
- Travel as business requirements as required by management discretion.
- Madison, WI location preferred, but flexible on location for the right candidate.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Business, Marketing, Accounting or related field.
- A minimum of 7 years of customer project management experience.
- Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience may be considered in place of the requirements stated above, including military service.
- The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant’s education, skills and experience.